Bust out the braais and the headlamps people, Eskom has announced that stage 2 loadshedding will continue until 6am on Sunday due to unplanned breakdowns.
“While we expect three generation units to return to service today (Friday), we lost a further two units last night to unplanned breakdowns,” the power utility said in a statement.
Eskom reminded South Africans that there was a possibility of increased power cuts for the next 18 months as it conducts critical maintenance to restore the ageing plant.
The power utility suggests the following ways in which consumers can help save power.
- Set airconditioners’ average temperature at 23C.
- Switch off geysers during peak periods.
- Use the cold water tap rather than the geyser.
- Set swimming pool pumps to run twice a day, three hours at a time.
- Turn off all computers, copiers, printers and fax machines at the switch when not in use