The N3TC More than a Road March 2017 Stories
About the N3TC
On 2 November 1999, N3 Toll Concession (RF) Proprietary Limited (N3TC) entered into a 30-year Toll Road Concession Contract with the South African National Roads Agency (SOC) Limited (SANRAL). Over this period, N3TC is responsible for managing the physical asset (the road); and the financial asset, shareholder equity, revenue collection and commercial debt.
N3TC’s mandate is to design, construct, finance, operate and maintain the N3 between the Cedara interchange, near Hilton, in KwaZulu-Natal and the Heidelberg South interchange in Gauteng.
Having established a sound engineering and financial platform, N3TC is now refining and expanding its business model to address customer needs, namely safety, convenience and mobility.
Safety: the ability to travel on a world-class road, with engineering, education and enforcement forming the pillars of our drive towards a safer N3.
Convenience: the ease with which road users – from business and recreational travellers to commercial hauliers – can travel along the N3 Toll Route.
Mobility: where traffic congestion, construction and accident delays are minimised and throughput at toll plazas is maximised.
All N3TC’s activities are underpinned by our shareholders’ and management’s firm commitment towards Corporate Social Investment, striving towards “A Better South Africa for All”.
N3TC’s Corporate Social Investment (CSI) programme aims to make a meaningful difference to people’s lives, with sustainability being the cornerstone to its success.
The N3TC Touching Lives programme is approached strategically incorporating the following:
• Annual formalised application process.
• Defined and prioritised social investment categories.
• Hands-on, dedicated internal CSI team.
• Board and senior management support.
• Standardised reporting requirements.
• N3TC-initiated projects.
• Proportionate geographic spend across the Route.
• Identification of Centres of Excellence along the N3 Toll Route Corridor.
• Long-term and sustainable projects providing maximum impact and benefit to beneficiaries.
• Passionate project champions that ensure the success of individual projects.
• Evaluation and monitoring of funded projects.
• N3TC staff involvement (N3TC Project Champions).