Partnering with Nedbank and WildTrust, Love Howick is launching its YES (Youth Employment Services) Initiative, which will see 23 internship vacancies filled.
“We are inviting applications from those between ages 18-27 years in your network/congregation who need an opportunity to get one year’s paid work experience and get ahead in life,” said the organisation.
“We are joining the YES (Youth Employment Services) Sustainability Impact Project for a second year to provide much-needed apprenticeships for 23 successful candidates. This programme is sponsored by Nedbank and forms a vital part of our commitment to reducing poverty and mentoring young lives.”
The vacancies are for:
• 14 x brush cutter operators/street cleaners/landscapers (to work on the Renoverge Project to clean up Howick and surrounds);
• 1 x admin assistant (to work at the Love Howick Dream Centre & Street Store Projects. Candidates must have experience in administration or studying towards an administration diploma/degree);
• 1 x graphic designer/videographer (to work with the media department. Experience in graphic design and video production a necessity);
• 2 x counselling support positions (to work with the Dream Centre team to provide career guidance and general support for students. Previous training/experience in counselling or social work necessary);
• 1 x assistant lecturer to help facilitate job skills training (studying towards an education qualification is essential);
• 2 x cleaners;
• 2 x street store assistants;
Applications for these opportunities close on April 1, 2021.
Click here for the full list of requirements and information for each position. Note the deadline for submissions, as late applications will not be considered.
More Meander Chronicle news here