We Love Chocolate Brownies
LOVE IT OR HATE IT!…
There’s no escaping it this time of year. Restaurants, bars, florists and even social media go out of their way to create something special for Valentine’s Day.
In one way it creates the opportunity to spoil and acknowledge the loved ones in your life, which I think is a wonderful thing! So I’ve created a funky Brownie recipe for you folks to try with some unusual ingredients, perfect for sharing and caring during the month of love…here goes.
HOT OR NOT FUDGY COCONUT BROWNIES
• 100g Cocoa
• 200g Butter
• 2 Tablespoons Coconut Oil
• 500g Caster Sugar
• 4 Eggs
• 100g Self Raising Flour
• 100g Dessicated Coconut
• Sprinkle of… Cayenne Pepper (Optional)
• Pre-heat your oven to 180C. Remember that fan assisted ovens are usually 20C hotter than normal ovens. So if it has a fan turn the temperature to 160C.
• Line the base of a 20cm square baking tin. I like to brush the pan with coconut oil, then baking paper, then some more coconut oil.
• Put the cocoa, butter, coconut oil and sugar into a large saucepan and gently melt, stirring so the mixture doesn’t stick.
• When the mixture has combined, then allow to cool slightly.
• Stir in the eggs, little by little, followed by the flour and coconut.
• If you choose to make the Brownies HOT, then add a sprinkling of cayenne pepper with flour and coconut!
• Pour mixture into the tin and bake for 45 min’s in the middle of the oven. Check after 30 min’s, making sure that the top is not browning too much. Add some baking paper on top if it is.
• Cool in the tin, then carefully lift out and cut into squares.