Herbs 4 Health – Cinnamon Leaf
Cinnamon Leaf – Cinnomomum zeylanicum.
Christmas is around the corner and the spices used in cooking and baking come to mind, so here is another of my favourite essential oils.
Cinnamon Leaf is used in perfumery for its warm-spicy and woody-oriental type notes.
• Antiseptic & astringent Remove impurities and helps the healing process
• Anti-viral Relieves colds sore throat and congestion
• Anti-spasmodic Provides relief from stiffness of muscles and joints
• Emmenagogue, Aids in secretion of healthy milk in lactating mothers
• It enhances the effectiveness of other herbs and essential oils, thus speeding up the treatment of various herbal remedies
• The pleasant aroma of cinnamon oil makes it a very effective as a room freshener.
• Cinnamon oil is a great mosquito repellent. Research has now proved that it is very effective in killing mosquito larvae. Apart from the leaves of cinnamon, its bark is also a good source of cinnamaldehyde, which is an active mosquito killing agent.
Keep out of reach of children. Do not take internally or use it if you are pregnant.
It is not interchangeable with the bark oil. DO NOT USE UNDILUTED
Do not apply cinnamon oil on the face and other sensitive areas.
The oil blends well with other essential oils such as cardamom, clove, coriander, frankincense, ginger, grapefruit, lavender, orange, pine, rosemary, thyme.
Until next time.
076 981 7458