Funky Chocolate Boudoir Muffins
This month I’ve been creating lots of creative muffin recipes. Basically just been experimenting with whatever ingredients are around my home kitchen. Ingredients like marshmallows, different types of biscuits and chocolates, herbs from the garden and other odds and ends.
This recipe is so easy that it allows an incredible amount of freedom to whomever is keen to experiment with it. The muffins cook pretty quickly too, normally about 20 – 25 mins. You can create savoury or sweet combinations. If it’s savoury that you want then just omit the sugar from the recipe, although I would still add a teaspoon or so just to balance the flavours.
When you make these muffins, you must use paper cups to bake them in ( medium sized muffin or cupcake cups ) as the combinations cause sticking to the pan if not in cups. Have fun with this recipe, it’s completely ‘fool’ proof. Wacky ingredient usage allowed!!
Ingredients: … makes 12 muffins usually, although I always get away with 10 or 11 as I like to bake them big and chunky 😉
About 10 Boudoir Biscuits (roughly chopped)
1 ¾ cup Plain Cake Flour
3 teaspoons Baking Powder
¾ cup Sugar
1/3 cup Cold Butter
1 cup Milk
1 tablespoon per muffin Chocolate Sauce /Chopped up chocolate (Any type)
• Place flour, baking powder and sugar into a mixing bowl.
• Add the butter and using your fingers rub into the dry ingredients until it resembles course breadcrumbs.
• Add half of the chopped boudoir biscuits and chocolate.
• Mix the egg into the cup of milk and add to the mixture. Using a spoon mix the ingredients together just until combined (do not overmix!)
• Spoon mixture into muffin cups which are inside the muffin tin. Top with the remainder of the biscuits and chocolate.
• Place into preheated oven at 180d celcius. Bake for about 20 minutes or until you can insert a metal skewer and it comes out clean.
• Serve hot and enjoy 🙂