Fashion Guru – Greg Wallis
Fashion Guru – Greg Wallis.
One of the judges present at The School of Fashion “Unforgettable” extravaganza was fashion designer Greg Wallis, based in Durban, who has been in the fashion business for more than 40 years. He currently supplies blue chip chain stores with garments every month. He keeps in touch with trends internationally with frequent trips to London, Europe , the East and the Americas, in search of that something different and innovative. Wallis is also a guest lecturer at the various institutions of fashion studies around the country, and also shares his knowledge supervising various lecturerers at these institutions who are doing their research projects. “I am constantly learning, myself,” he says.
• Repeat judge at the Vodacom Durban July, where innovation is key.
• Repeatedly been awarded the Design Mentorship programme by the Ethekweni Municipality.
• Past Chairman of the Durban Fashion Council and The Kwa Zulu Natal Fashion Council.
• On the inaugural Board of the South African National Fashion Council.
• Nominated several times by BASA as Mentor of the Year.
• Fashion work for Ifa Lethu , a Gauteng based Entrepreneurial Company .
• Currently involved with the Botswana Government in promoting the local Fashion/Clothing business in Botswana.
• Chairman of a group called “Feed the Babies”, who feed approximately 10,000 babies a day in KZN, all on fundraising efforts.