Chick Pea Burgers
This month I decided to share this really delicious Vegetarian Chick Pea Burger recipe. After you have prepared them you can easily freeze them for as long as you like. Another cool idea with this recipe is to roll them into bite sized patties which are great when tossed into a fresh garden salad, hot veggie pasta or just served as cocktail snacks with a tasty Pesto mayo…the options are really endless. Go ahead, give these patties a bash, crispy, crunchy & delicious!
30 ml Oil
1 Onion – Chopped
2 cloves Garlic – Crushed
10 ml Curry Powder
2 Courgettes – Grated
400 g Chick Peas (can) – Drained & rinsed
2 slices Whole Wheat Bread – Crumbed & dried
½ handful Fresh Coriander – Chopped
Salt & Pepper
• Heat the oil & gently fry the onion & garlic until soft. Add the curry powder & cook for 1 minute.
• Add the courgettes & cook for about 2-3 minutes. Leave to cool & transfer to a bowl.
• Put the chick peas in a processor & blend until finely chopped, then add to the bowl.
• Add in the breadcrumbs, egg, coriander, seasoning & mix well.
• Shape the mixture into 4 patties or smaller if you wish, then dust with flour.
• Refrigerate for a few hours then heat a little oil in a pan & cook until golden brown on both sides.
• Serve on a lightly toasted bun with sliced tomato, fresh rocket & onion. Top with sliced avocado & a dollop of thick Greek Yoghurt.