Artists, please support The FOTAG Fabulous Picture Show 2014
An annual fundraising auction is held annually at The FOTAG (Friends of the Tatham Art Gallery) Fabulous Picture Show, to raise funds for the purchase of new artworks for the Tatham Art Gallery permanent collection.
“Without new artworks reflecting the dynamic nature of our South African artistic production, the gallery will lose interest to visitors,” said bryony Clark.
We are appealing to artists to donate an unframed original artwork (A4 or A5) for this fundraising auction initiative. By donating artists will make a meaningful contribution t one of the top art museums in the country and ensure the continued growth of the Tatham Art Gallery permanent collection.“Our target is to beat the R40 000 that we raised last year, and the only way this is going to be possible is through generous donations from artists.” Continued Clark.
The Fabulous Picture Show works as follows:
1. Artists donate up to three A4 or A5 original unframed works of art to FOTAG. Signed, original digital prints are welcomed, but not prints of existing originals.
2. Alternative format: 12cm square wooden blocks available at R6 from the Tatham Art Gallery Shop.
3. All 2D artworks in the prescribed sizes will be framed by FOTAG.
4. Boards and canvases are restricted to standard A4 or A5 only.
5. Works on paper should be smaller to allow for mounting and framing.
6. 3D works are also welcome, size not to exceed A4 dimensions.
The final submissions deadline for A4 or A5 donations is Saturday 27 September 2014. Staff will be at the Tatham Art Gallery between 10h00 and 15h00 to assist. Café Tatham will be open.
Gallery staff will also be available to accept work prior to the final deadline on Tuesdays 2, 9, 16 September 2014, from 14h00 – 16h00.
Another option is to post your artwork to:
Tatham Art Gallery. P.O.Box 321, Pietermaritzburg 3201.
The exhibition of artworks will be opened at the Tatham Art Gallery at 11h00 on Sunday 16 November, and be on view from Tuesday 18 to Friday 21 November 2014 between 10h00 and 16h00. The exhibition culminates in an Auction which will take place on Friday 21 November 2014.
All artworks will be sold on the night. There is a reserve price of R150 on every artwork and the auction is silent up to R800, after which artworks are sold by live auction. Proxy bids can be arranged.
Enquiries: email@example.com Tel: 033 392 2825 (mornings only)